28 Şubat 2005 Pazartesi

Love Divine: The Atlanta Sacred Chorale Sings at Emory

This weekend we attended a concert of the Atlanta Sacred Chorale, with The Michael O’Neal Singers and the Atlanta Boy Choir. It was an evening of great, uplifting music in the beautiful new Schwartz Center at well-endowed Emory University. It was a joy to listen to sacred music in the liberal university setting. Classical music is one area where the expulsion of God would pretty much shut down the discipline, since so many composers are dead white male Christians.

The Atlanta Sacred Chorale, a client of our firm, is arguably the finest chamber chorus in the nation dedicated to a sacred repertoire. They sing almost everything a cappella, with amazing precision and beauty.

The evening ended with the combined choirs singing the great hymn by Charles Wesley, Love Divine, All Loves Excelling (Text: Charles Wesley, 1707-1788. Music: John Zundel, 1815-1882):

Love divine, all loves excelling, joy of heaven, to earth come down; fix in us thy humble dwelling; all thy faithful mercies crown! Jesus thou art all compassion, pure, unbounded love thou art; visit us with thy salvation; enter every trembling heart.

Breathe, O breathe thy loving Spirit into every troubled breast! Let us all in thee inherit; let us find that second rest. Take away our bent to sinning; Alpha and Omega be; end of faith, as its beginning, set our hearts at liberty.

Come, Almighty to deliver, let us all thy life receive; suddenly return and never, nevermore thy temples leave. Thee we would be always blessing, serve thee as thy hosts above, pray and praise thee without ceasing, glory in thy perfect love.

Finish, then, thy new creation; pure and spotless let us be. Let us see thy great salvation perfectly restored in thee; changed from glory into glory, till in heaven we take our place, till we cast our crowns before thee, lost in wonder, love, and praise.


What a sound. What a song.

--James Jewell

13 yorum:

  1. I enjoy reading the blog over here chevrolet pickup

    YanıtlaSil
  2. Wow, I really like this one. I have a website that talks mostly about free online classified ads You should check it out sometime.

    YanıtlaSil
  3. Well done on a great blog Rooftop MediaWorks. I was searching for information on ancient artifacts and came across your post Love Divine: The Atlanta Sacred Chorale Sings at Emory - not exactly what I was looking for related to ancient artifacts but very interesting all the same!

    YanıtlaSil
  4. And on a lighter note than pure immigration lawyer , check out the funniest trial transcript ever! If it's not serious enough of a topic, well, just pretend it's the Brit's version of immigration lawyer !

    YanıtlaSil
  5. Bloggs are such a wonderful way to plublish ones thoughts. Thanks for letting me visit and leave a comment. Love the title, "Love Divine: The Atlanta Sacred Chorale Sings at Emory" Come by my site some time. It's got penis enlargement surgury related stuff.

    YanıtlaSil
  6. I like your blog, and will add it to "my favorites". I am new to blogging, but not new to car clubs. I have furnished custom made car badges to dozens of car clubs all over the country. I have a web site that I feel you will find both interesting and informative. Please pay me a visit when you have time.
    **car clubs**arizona car club

    YanıtlaSil
  7. What a great site you have here, I bookmarked it! I was looking for Love Divine: The Atlanta Sacred Chorale Sings at Emory or something like it. Very informative.

    I have a exercise for erectiile dysfunction related site.

    Check it out when you can. ;)

    YanıtlaSil
  8. Hi Rooftop MediaWorks, I just dropped in on my way back to my New Age Spiritual site. I liked what I
    found and thought that I would leave you a note for your efforts in creating Love Divine: The Atlanta Sacred Chorale Sings at Emory. It
    is amazing what you find looking through these blogs, and the links from them. Have
    you ever done that?

    YanıtlaSil
  9. Rooftop MediaWorks, I was just passing by on my search for things about New Age Spiritual on
    the Net, and dropped in on your blog. I was looking for stuff for my New Age Spiritual site. Not
    sure that your blog was exactly what I needed, but I enjoyed my visit all the same.

    YanıtlaSil
  10. This blog Love Divine: The Atlanta Sacred Chorale Sings at Emory is a great place for New Age Spiritual. Thanks Rooftop MediaWorks.

    YanıtlaSil
  11. I think you'll be interested in this related article at:
    href="http://www.luckys-traffic.com/sexmall/">health female
    It pretty much covers health female
    related stuff. Check it out if you get time.

    YanıtlaSil
  12. Stop by male enhancement I just read this great
    article about male enhancement you might be interested in.

    YanıtlaSil
  13. Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
    Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

    YanıtlaSil