22 Ocak 2010 Cuma

Influence Culture by Reading the Bible

Whitney Kuniholm, president of Scripture Union and a longtime friend and colleague, makes a good point about the importance of Bible reading. He says fighting for more family Bible-reading time is far more important than fight for the public square.

Whitney writes:

My encouragement to Christians who, like me, want to see the Bible become a more pervasive influence in society is this: start with "the household of God." On any given Sunday, 45% of Americans attend a worship service. If just half of these church-goers became more regular in their Bible reading it would not only renew the church, but also do more to influence our neighbors for God than anything else we could do.

The best way to win the culture war is not for Christians to hyperventilate about those who don't believe the Bible. Instead, it's for the church to "read it and live it" themselves. Until we do that, our message and our mission will never be fully successful.

3 yorum:

  1. Good day, sun shines!
    There have been times of hardship when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
    I have never thought that there weren't any need in big starting capital.
    Nowadays, I'm happy and lucky , I begin to get real money.
    It gets down to choose a correct partner who uses your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, parts and divides the income with me.

    You may ask, if there are such firms? I have to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
    http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

    YanıtlaSil
  2. Genial brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.

    YanıtlaSil
  3. Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

    YanıtlaSil