15 Kasım 2004 Pazartesi

More on What Evangelicals Want

There is good discussion among evangelicals concerning the aftermath of the election and what their response and opportunities could and should be. I made my initial sentiments known on November 5, and now appreciate this good new list of evangelical concerns by Christian journalist Stan Guthrie.



In the piece, I’m pleased to see this quote from Charles Colson:



Some fear limiting ourselves to a quid pro quo relationship with Caesar. Says Charles Colson, a former Watergate insider who now heads Prison Fellowship, ‘I disassociate myself from anyone who says, ‘Now we voted for you, it’s payback time. Give us our due.’ That’s what special interest groups do, and we’re not a special interest group. We vote our conscience and what we believe is in the best general interest.”



--jwpj

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder